DreamLog: spookyfashionhorrorgame dream?
Sep. 10th, 2026 08:16 pm Last night, or whenever I slept earlier today whether night or not, was full of a dream. So much dream. This may have something to do with ongoing recovery from the concussion on May 10. Then again, my brain can get up to its own weirdness even without TBI assistance. Anyway, it was a thing.
The dream started with the exploration of a partly-destroyed set of adjacent buildings, in which there were a number of fashionistas. Whether they were living there, or prospecting and camping there, was unclear. What was clear was that they were there for cloth. And methods of draping. Which the destroyed buildings had. The cloth was in piles, or under fallen timbers sometimes, or caught on them. The methods of draping were on the haunts, revenants, and inexplicably beautiful undead who processed through the space at unpredictable intervals.
They didn't always notice the fashionistas or us. By us I mean myself and a growing number of young people who seemed to be playing a game in the space. By this point, my time with the fashionistas had yielded some truly interesting lacework cloth and left me with ideas I hope to follow up on while awake. But at this time, the ruins had begun to unruin themselves, and a couple of the younger fashionistas had been joined by other young people, and they were all intensely involved in a complicated game. The way the walls and interiors reconstituted themselves into a rather elegant hunting lodge did not seem to matter to them. Getting the drop on the spooky folks progressing through the space mattered a lot, though.
The snacks I kept seeing the young people with turned out to be part of the game, as the candy and so forth would transmute itself to game-spells and game-armaments once selected by a player. I suspected interesting variables and choices and roll tables. To have a small butterscotch suddenly unfold to be a seemingly green glass test tube full of fuming liquid was a surprise, but not as much of a surprise as it being still completely edible. In fact, eating it was the way of setting off the spell. (That particular one was a power boost and offensive spell boost in one, if I recall aright.)
The two fashionistas who were playing in the game were continuing to pick up interesting textiles as play continued. I admired their ability to multitask. Also, they and their friends were excellent company.
The particulars of the dream are slipping away, but it will probably influence some textile work I hope to do once I've triumped over the paperwork that needs to be cleared away.
Dream anything interesting lately?
The dream started with the exploration of a partly-destroyed set of adjacent buildings, in which there were a number of fashionistas. Whether they were living there, or prospecting and camping there, was unclear. What was clear was that they were there for cloth. And methods of draping. Which the destroyed buildings had. The cloth was in piles, or under fallen timbers sometimes, or caught on them. The methods of draping were on the haunts, revenants, and inexplicably beautiful undead who processed through the space at unpredictable intervals.
They didn't always notice the fashionistas or us. By us I mean myself and a growing number of young people who seemed to be playing a game in the space. By this point, my time with the fashionistas had yielded some truly interesting lacework cloth and left me with ideas I hope to follow up on while awake. But at this time, the ruins had begun to unruin themselves, and a couple of the younger fashionistas had been joined by other young people, and they were all intensely involved in a complicated game. The way the walls and interiors reconstituted themselves into a rather elegant hunting lodge did not seem to matter to them. Getting the drop on the spooky folks progressing through the space mattered a lot, though.
The snacks I kept seeing the young people with turned out to be part of the game, as the candy and so forth would transmute itself to game-spells and game-armaments once selected by a player. I suspected interesting variables and choices and roll tables. To have a small butterscotch suddenly unfold to be a seemingly green glass test tube full of fuming liquid was a surprise, but not as much of a surprise as it being still completely edible. In fact, eating it was the way of setting off the spell. (That particular one was a power boost and offensive spell boost in one, if I recall aright.)
The two fashionistas who were playing in the game were continuing to pick up interesting textiles as play continued. I admired their ability to multitask. Also, they and their friends were excellent company.
The particulars of the dream are slipping away, but it will probably influence some textile work I hope to do once I've triumped over the paperwork that needs to be cleared away.
Dream anything interesting lately?
no subject
Date: 2026-09-11 02:13 am (UTC)That's so cool, I'm not sure I've ever had a dream that held things I could bring into fruition while awake! Although my wife has recently pointed out my dreams may be more nightmare-y than I think, so perhaps that's why?
I love the idea of post-apocalyptic fashionistas. I hope they get what they needed in their dream realms.
no subject
Date: 2026-09-11 11:47 am (UTC)